Wednesday 28 September 2011

Tapering......

It's so beautiful today...definately fall weather. It's cool at night but once the sun comes up it definately warms up! Charlie and I went out and enjoyed a 8 km run along the back roads of Cobble Hill. I have to say, Charlie is starting to show a lot of promise in a running partner. He keeps pace with me while running and keeps me at a fast clip when walking....no lolly-gagging with him along!
It's taper week and I usually have such a hard time with decreasing the milage and intensity....but I've learned the hard way...tapering works!
I've decided that if I can change to the 1/2 marathon...I'll change...if I can't....well, I'll do the full by myself. I've trained for the full and can do it...it's do I want to do it by myself...not really! So fate has a hand in my decision....I'll find out when I pick up my package next week. In the meantime, I'll continue with the full training...as I said it's tapering week anyways!
The weather is getting to be more to my liking and will suit me if it stays this way for the next few weeks. I'm working nights tonight so I'll be doing my run tomorrow afternoon after sleeping...so please no rain and not too hot please!
Keep up the running and walking everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment