Sunday 23 October 2011

October 9th- 1/2 Marathon

Well...it's a little belated but the marathon is done. I did end up switching to the 1/2 and was happy about that in the end. I did a run/walk with Guylaine...one of the original full marathon girls...and we came in less than 3 hours. I felt great...of course I did train for the full- but walking! We ran 5 minutes and power walked 10 minutes....great combo....and I was able to run in the last 3 kms, but Guylaine couldn't....so I did get a bit better time than her but not by much. We found our walking pace was 8:30min/km's and our running pace was 7:30min/km's. Not much difference!
The weather was great and there were loads of people out there running, walking and cheering everyone on! The best sign I saw on the sidelines was 'This is the worsed parade'....too funny!
One day I still would like to run a marathon....but I think I will stick to 1/2's for now...great distance, less time comittment for training and I feel great afterwards....and can still walk around!
The best thing...my Starbuck's afterwards! Now that is worth the run!

No comments:

Post a Comment