Sunday 23 October 2011

Fall Training

It's a few weeks after the 1/2 marathon and I'm still lingering with the post marathon cold symptoms....nothing great but sniffles and sore throat just lingering. It always happens, but this time the week after my marathon I took it easy with walking- nothing more than 1 hour a day and I slept for as long as possible on my days off. With these extra precautions my usual bad cold hasn't materialized but I'm still fighting the possibility of a bad cold.
The days are definately getting shorter and colder and wetter! I'm starting to break out my winter running gear and lining my runners up by the heater in the hall....a sure sign of wet weather!
Today was actually sunny and about 13 oC....so Charlie and I headed out for a great 10.5 km run...with some walk breaks. I'm finding that my running is getting better again, but sometimes I just don't want to run so we head out for a powerwalk....after all this blog is about the walking diva and her faithful companion.
In a couple weeks my husband and I are headed to Australia for 3 weeks....sunshine and heat! Beaches and swimming! And tons of walking...plus I'm bringing my running gear...who wouldn't...and will get out for a run at least 3 times a week.
Keep walking and running folks....just getting out there in this season is 1/2 the battle!

No comments:

Post a Comment