Tuesday 6 September 2011

Where did the summer go?

Holy Guacamole! It's September already. We've had the long weekend...and I actually had it off this year, and it was nice and sunny too. I'm starting week 12 of my marathon training....it's getting hard. No the actual training isn't as hard as I thought it might be.....but it's the amount of time I need to get it done.
With the 1/2 marathon training the longest run/walk was about 20 km....and I'm up to 29 km this week for the long walk. It's a huge amount of time committment....and I'm not sure if my husband actually truely understands that!
He is really supportive of my training but he does sound surprised when I tell him I'll be out for about 4 1/2 hours....'What?'..... no kidding!
I've been having second thoughts of doing this but then I tell myself that I only have 2 more weeks of intense training, then 2 weeks of tapering and then it's the marathon. I keep thinking about how good I'll feel when I'm done and how proud I'm going to be with myself for sticking to the training. I'm not sure if I'll have any buddies to do the marathon with by that time....I'm hearing rumblings of 'sore hips', 'sore knees', and such....at least there will be a couple hundred of us starting out on the early bird marathon time of 0630!
The days are getting shorter now and I'm having to now think about my training after work...where will I go and how light will it be? I get off work at 1915 and it takes 30 mins to drive home...then I will get out and go for at least an hour....and those are my short runs for the week...I've just completed my medium walk with Charlie. He's sleeping on the couch beside me as I type....he has fun and we even stopped to at the river so he could swim!
So here goes another week of training and another week of talking myself into staying with the program...sigh!
Happy walking or running everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment