Tuesday 20 September 2011

Decisions, decisions

Well....I'm the last one standing in the group of crazy chicks that are going to do a marathon....I had a sneaking suspicion that this was going to happen. I mean, for the last few weeks I've heard the groans of various injuries and one person disappeared all together without even saying a word or a good bye! So here I am the last one standing and apparently the only one that has actually being doing the training for the last 3 weeks! Bummer!
My last long walk/run was 30 km and today (2 days later) is when my legs have started to stop aching...oh...here I am starting the groaning.
I'm just in the midst of deciding if I will change to the 1/2 marathon or try to endure the whole marathon by myself. I'm leaning to the 1/2....at least I can do that distance and remain rather intact at the end and I can endure that distance by myself.
I started out this adventure with the idea that with some company and good vibes we'd do well on the marathon and have some laughs along the way. It's not my 1st marathon....I did a couple back in my 20's and thought before I hit 50 I would like another one. So it was my challenge to do this ....but I really do have a couple more years to do that in....
So, on the package pick up date I will decide what I want to do. In the meantime, I'm continuing with the training and having fun with Charlie (the dog) along the way....and isn't that what it is all about anyways?

No comments:

Post a Comment