Saturday 10 September 2011

Working and training don't mix

Where did this week go? It seems to have gone in a blur and I haven't got all my training in!
I work 12 hour shifts and usually this doesn't cause too many problems until I do 3 days in a row...and there fore less days to train. You say there are 4 other days in the week? You are right! But on sundays are my long training days and therefore mondays are rest days. So this week I did a 12 km run/walk on tuesday...worked wed/thrus/fri and just came back from another 12 km run/walk. Today I threw in a couple hills and some running to make it the interval/hill workout. Tomorrow is my long walk and I'll try to throw in some running in there too!
Now the weather hasn't been helping either! Don't get me wrong...it's BEAUTIFUL out and sunny and hot!....but that means I have to get up early to get my workout in before the heat bogs me down. Plus, now that fall is approaching the days are definately getting shorter and I did get a 3 km walk in with the dog after work on wed but the lack of light only gave me a 40 min window to get out and walk and home again.
So this is the testing of my mettle....will I quit because it's hard to get the workout in? or that it's taking so much of my time? or I have to get up really early on my days off?....well.....I haven't quit yet and with only another month left to train....I think I'm up to it!
Walk on my friends....walk on!

No comments:

Post a Comment