Sunday 11 September 2011

Crazy Legs

Yesterday I ran most of my 12 kms and then today I ran just under my 25 km long walk. I killed on my run yesterday....yeah, yeah...I know this is a walking race but I do love my runs. I run really slow so I'm not out there ripping up the streets or anything. I haven't run much lately and I've been missing the feeling. So...yesterday....ran probably 2/3 of the 12 km then today I ran almost 1/2 of my 25 km.
I was suppose to go 29 km but between the running yesterday and today and that I only had 4 hours to get my walk in....had family coming over and it wasn't light out until 6:15 am and I was out the door at 6:30. We had everyone arriving around 10:30. I think I did rather well....25 km in 4 hours and I wasn't pushing either the running or the walking all that much.
I have learned to take along water/gatorade and some little thing to eat...today was some gorp. I was training for my 1/2 marathons without any water or bars and it really showed in my times and how I felt. Now if I'm out for more than 1 1/2 hours I take some water and if I'm out for more than 2 1/2 hours the gatorade is added and some little protein/carb treat.
Now back to my legs....they really hurt today...but in an interestingly good way. I know I've gone a distance and got some running in, so I'm happy how things turned out. I'm now powering back the fluids to keep up with the sweating I did on the run.
Tomorrow is a rest day so my legs should get back to normal...and maybe a little assistance of some tylenol will be needed tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment